Sunday, September 16, 2012

feels so good to be back

Anyone that knows me well - knows my love for Newport Beach, CA. I had been living their for 3 years before I moved out east. I grew up going their to visit my Grandparents. And now it has become the vacation place for all of our family to reconnect. 

On my way to Cali this year I stopped by AZ to see some best friends and spend some time with my favorite little people.


 

Noelle (4yrs old) and I spent a day at the mall. I swear the girl is my mini me. No one has the stamina that I have to shop that long... especially a 4 year old. But she didn't complain once....and wanted to keep shopping and shopping. 



After some good time in AZ - it was time to go to this little piece of heaven on earth... 



We ate good food, relaxed, played poolside, took a day trip to Catalina Island, cruised around on golf carts, ate frozen bananas, and Colton melted  4 yr old Noelle's little heart when he not only bought her some color changing nail polish but also painted her fingers and toes.  ( Later on that night Noelle told her mom in a dreamy voice .... "Mommy... I think I want to marry uncle Colton one day.. i think I love him <sigh> " ). I think he has won the favorite uncle award once again. And I am almost positive one day when we have kids he will forever be the "favorite parent"...but I am okay with that :)



 




And then for some reason....the guys thought it would be fun to wear Hawaiian shirts. I am still not sure why. And honestly I find NOTHING attractive about them. But of course we had to get a photo to remember. 

 

And of course spent some time with Grandma Dorothy ....one of my best friends..


However.....it wouldn't have been a complete trip to Cali without a visit with the Calls! We went to one of my favorite places to eat back in the LA college days... C & O Trattoria!! All you can eat garlic knots....enough said. 




No comments:

Post a Comment