Yesterday I am making dinner and I hear Colton on the phone in the other room. He is calling "Jimmy Cone" a soft serve middle-of-no-where road side ice cream stand in Damascus, MD. They are only open from late March to October and her has been ANXIOUSLY awaiting the day when they re-open for spring...
I hear him say " Oh Hi... are you open???" (and I am thinking.. if they answered the phone they are probably open) then seconds later he lets out the LOUDEST "YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!..... okay thank you! Bye!" then hangs up the phone (poor person on the other line) and runs in the room to tell me that we are going "TONIGHT!"
Can I just say in this moment he was more excited then he was at Christmas or his Birthday... he LOVES Jimmy Cone.
Driving to Damascus is beautiful, wide open land with beautiful green rolling hills and Sugarloaf Mountain in the horizon. So I enjoy it for the peaceful ride and the ice cream treat.
Jimmy Cone has been open since the 60's and looks like everything has stayed the same ever since. They are know for their SUPER rich soft serve ice cream topped off (if you so choose) with sprinkles (also known as Jimmies!)
The place is ALWAYS packed. Cash Only. 3 Flavors to choose from.
So....it was a good night and a happy ending to a Thursday
...and Colton was in his happy place once again.

omy. rhett would love this! i think we might have to make a trip.
ReplyDelete