Monday, May 30, 2011

a little Maryland, a little Virginia

Friday afternoon we headed down to Annapolis to check out the boats and the cute little town. It reminded me of Balboa soooo much! I was happy to know there is a marina town so close by (maybe 45 min or so with no traffic)







We explored the little town of Annapolis before meeting up with some friends for dinner. I am probably going to put my father to shame, but I had no idea (or forgot) that Annapolis was at one point a temporary capital to the United States.



Colton then proceeded to tell me how Maryland was the first state and of course that makes sense...(I find myself kinda gullible lately because of EVERYTHING being new - so I listen to everything he tells me and I think he takes advantage of that at times with his amazing story telling abilities.)





Sunday after church we headed down to Arlington Cemetery. Colton actually has a Grandfather who is buried there.  It was a very humbling experience to be among all of those headstones.




The grounds were gorgeous and the weather was giving me my first taste of humidity. I think this week it is supposed to be the in high 90's.... I'm ready for my first taste of east coast summer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your blog! Just keeps reminding me that I need to see the east coast!

    Are you going to do a house post soon? I'm anxious to see what you've done!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete